Mar 19, 2020
I've been getting an overwhelming amount of questions about
COVID-19 and probiotics, IBD, IBS, and immunity. I wanted to take
some time to answer these in a simple way for our listeners.
The information was recorded March 19th and therefore,
statistics and recommendations may change - always check with your
- What is COVID-19?
- Why is COVID-19 a concern?
- Who is most at risk?
- GI Symptoms and COVID-19 - should I be concerned?
- "I have IBD and am worried about getting COVID - what do I need
- Your gut and your immune system
- How nutrition plays a role in your immune system
- Probiotics & COVID-19
- How to take care of your health during this challenging
- Gao, Q. Y., Chen, Y. X., & Fang, J. Y. (2020). 2019 novel
coronavirus infection and gastrointestinal tract. Journal of
- Mao, R., Liang, J., Shen, J., Ghosh, S., Zhu, L. R., Yang, H.,
... & Chen, M. H. (2020). Implications of COVID-19 for patients
with pre-existing digestive diseases. The Lancet
Gastroenterology & Hepatology.
- Gu, J., Han, B., & Wang, J. (2020). COVID-19:
Gastrointestinal manifestations and potential fecal-oral
- Xiao, F., Tang, M., Zheng, X., Li, C., He, J., Hong, Z., ...
& Lai, R. (2020). Evidence for gastrointestinal infection of
- Resources for IBD Healthcare Professionals: 2019 Novel
Coronavirus (COVID-19). (2020, March 17). Retrieved March 18, 2020,
- Mizumoto K, Chowell G. Estimating risk for death from 2019
novel coronavirus disease, China, January–February 2020. Emerg
Infect Dis. 2020 Jun [Retreived March 18, 2020]. https://doi.org/10.3201/eid2606.200233