Dec 1, 2020
Food made in a lab using microbes? It's happening now! New tech
can be scary and none of us are immune to being mislead or
adopting a belief based on misinformation.
In this episode Chana Davis, PhD and I discuss new and exciting
food technology using microbes, and how improving scientific
literacy can help to shape the conversation around food
We talk about:
- How Chana got involved in science communication
- What is a critical thinking mindset? How do you get one?
- How to find credible sources of information?
- What are the limitations of science?
- Why science isn’t perfect
- How can we ‘pressure test’ the news?
- What is ‘food tech’?
- How do microbes help us in making food and food
- What’s the future of our food?
- Plant based diets and the movement towards new food technology
for sustainability and increasing options for different dietary
- Why food technology isn’t something to be afraid of
- Molecular diagnostics – what is it?
To learn more about Chana, here are her social links!
Website & Newsletter: https://fueledbyscience.com/
Social: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (@fueledbyscience)
Get Real Health Podcast & YouTube